2021 January transfer rumors (06/01/2021)2 min read
The current January transfer window is providing a lot of rumors, although a lot of transfers have not yet materialized, partly affected by the battered economies of the clubs as a result of the pandemic. However, alternatives such as loans, transfer fees paid by installments or, in cases a little more extreme, the termination of contracts.
So far today, these have been some of the main rumors of transfers in the world of football:
- After a few seasons without much involvement with Arsenal FC, Mesut Ozil seems to have finally reached an agreement to leave the Gunners. At first there was talk of DC United at the MLS, but it seems that Fenerbahce will be the one to sign the German and tie him to a 3 and a half year contract at a salary of €5 million per year.
- Phil Neville, current coach of England women’s national team and former teammate of David Beckham at Manchester United, who happens to be the president and one of the owners of Inter Miami CF, may be the new manager of the Florida team, after a disappointing first season in the MLS.
- Beyond a rumor, it is a confirmation that Slaven Bilic, former West Brom manager, has quickly found a team as he has just been announced as the new manager of Beijing Sinobo Guoan of China.
- It appears that Galatasaray are considering releasing Radamel Falcao as a free agent in view of the Colombian striker’s continued injuries that have not allowed him to perform as expected by the Turkish club. Falcao has the highest salary in the squad and Galatasaray hope to take advantage of releasing that burden to seek a more profitable replacement.
- There is still talk of Mauricio Pochettino’s intention to bring some of his former Tottenham players to PSG and, although a few days ago there was talk of Lloris and Delle Alli, now the name of Christian Eriksen, the Dane midfielder from Inter Milan who is playing a much lesser role than expected when he signed for the Italian club. Eriksen has barely counted for Antonio Conte and that is why he has been linked to many clubs although the Pochettino factor could favor the Parisians.