Still on the last day of the 2021 January transfer window, there are still some transfers to close and some rumors that continue to be heard, of which we will not know until the last second if they will be completed or not. It’s worth pointing out that there is time to complete transfers until midnight.
Here you have some of the highlights in regards to transfers in this last day of the window:
- A couple of days ago, Oliver Kahn, part of the FC Bayern Munich board, ruled out Sergio Ramos as an option for the Bavarian club, now that it seems that the possibilities for his renewal with Real Madrid CF remain distant. Now, it is rumored about the interest of Manchester United to sign the Spanish center back that ends his contract in June of this year and is currently free to negotiate with the club of his choice.
- OGC Nice completed the loan until the end of the season of Jean-Clair Todibo, from FC Barcelona, although this season he was on loan at SL Benfica, where he did not finish settling. The loan includes a purchase option of € 10 million in case the French club wants to keep the center back after the loan is completed.
- After the successful signing of Bruno Fernandes for Manchester United, the English club is interested in a player with similar characteristics from the same club, Sporting Clube de Portugal. The Red Devils want Pedro Gonçalves, known as Pote, an attacking midfielder who this season has scored 12 goals in 13 Liga NOS games.
- Ainsley Maitland Niles, Arsenal FC player who is characterized by his versatility, has been losing prominence in the London club due to the rise of other players such as Bellerín, Tierney, Cedric, Pépé or Saka, who have left him without the playing time he desires. Leicester City FC, West Bromwich Albion FC and Southampton FC have been interested in the loan of the Englishman which Arsenal FC would not oppose.
- Despite Atlético de Madrid‘s great season, not all its players are happy as there are some who do not have the participation they would like, such as Vitolo. The winger is looking for a possible exit to Villarreal CF, where he would meet Unai Emery again, as has already happened at Sevilla FC.
- Among the recently completed transfers is the loan of Portuguese Domingos Quina from Watford FC to Granada CF. Turkish striker Cenk Tosun returns to his country upon completion of his loan from Everton FC to Besiktas JK. Patrick Cutrone has moved to Valencia CF from Wolverhampton Wanderes FC, on loan as well. Midfielder manager Irfan Kahveci has been signed by Fenerbahce SK from Istanbul Başakşehir FK for € 7 million.