On other occasions we have talked about the players who end their contract at the end of this season, such as Lionel Messi, Sergio Ramos or Sergio Aguero, opening up endless rumors about these players. However, in this case, we are going to talk about some players who are free agents this month and that they could sign a contract with any club at this precise moment.
Due to how contractual situations are handled in football, it is not very common for very good players to be in this condition, although it sometimes happens when they are over 30 years old. Below is the list of the most prominent free agents:
- Mario Mandzukic: The Croatian striker is now a free agent after the termination of his contract with Al-Duhail SC from Qatar. At 34 years of age, Mandzukic is still a player with very good consideration in European football, the names of the three biggest clubs of Turkey, Inter Milan and Hellas Verona, among many others, have been mentioned.
- Kwadwo Asamoah: Having developed his entire professional career in Italy, the Ghanaian is a very good alternative for various clubs in that country and hence the interest of Genoa CFC in having his services. There is also talk of a possible return to his country.
- Shinji Kagawa: Currently 31 years old, the Japanese is as a free agent after leaving Real Zaragoza. After leaving Borussia Dortmund, Shiji Kagawa has not reached the level he demonstrated in the Bundesliga, however he is a quality attacking midfielder who continues to generate interest of European clubs, mainly in La Liga.
- Alexandre Pato: He was one of the most important young promises at the time and now Alexandre Pato is without a team after his departure from Sao Paulo in 2020. In recent days, there has been talk of Valencia CF’s interest in strengthening itself with Pato in view of the difficult situation economic of the Spanish club that makes it difficult for them to pay transfer fees.
- Diego Costa: Possibly the most prominent on this list, Costa recently ended his contract with Atlético de Madrid after failing to find his place in Simeone’s team due to the arrival of Luis Suarez. Rumors about his future are very varied and range from clubs in Spain to Brazil, although it has been said that Costa’s interest is to remain in Europe.